Minutes of the Meeting of Wadsworth Parish Council held at 7.30 pm
on Tuesday 25th August 2020 – meeting held remotely _________________________________________________________________________
66 MEMBERS PRESENT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Cllrs Kimber (Chair), Bell, Bradshaw, Drury, Fowler, Rivero and Warren.
Apologies for Absence None
The Chair informed the meeting that due to personal circumstances Judy Davis had resigned as a Councillor.
It was agreed that a letter thanking her for her contribution to the Council would be sent.
67 MEMBERS INTERESTS:None declared
68 RESOLUTION TO RE-ORDER THE AGENDA
Resolved: to bring item 15 forward to Public Discussion Time.
69 PUBLIC DISCUSSION TIME: One resident was present.
The resident addressed the meeting in relation to the memorial gardens and adopted telephone box at Pecket Well, and answered Cllrs questions accordingly.
The resident explained that the community would like to help maintain and improve the memorial garden and telephone box and had come up with a number of uses for the telephone box including housing a defibrillator. Furthermore, the fledgling community group had received an offer from a local resident to purchase the defibrillator.
- PECKET WELL MEMORIAL GARDENS TELEPHONE BOX (agenda item 15)
- in principle the Council was in favour of the community taking care of and improving the memorial gardens.
- potentially this work could be carried out under the wing of Wadsworth Environment Group.
- the public liability insurance for the Environment group would need to be in place before any work could be carried out.
- the Council was in favour of providing up to £84, in line with previous years, contribution towards the group’s insurance.
- Cllr Drury would contact the resident in ownership of the telephone box to discuss ownership with the view to the Council buying it.
- the Council, in principle, was in favour of the ideas suggested for future use of the telephone box including a defibrillator, noticeboard and book shelves.
70 APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETINGS OF THE COUNCIL HELD ON:
- Parish Council meeting 30th June 2020
Clarification was provided in relation to items 52, it was confirmed that the Clerk had carried out the site inspections for 2020 but a further visit with Cllrs was to be arranged.
It was also clarified that the war memorial at Pecket Well official name was Smeakin Hill and not Pecket Pike.
Resolved: that the above minutes, with the above clarifications, be approved as a true and accurate record.
71 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ABOVE MINUTES:
The Chair raised the matter of the lack of fibre broadband at Howarth Old Road and Crimsworth. A number of business’ operated out of the area with increasing difficulty because of the slow broadband speeds.
It was agreed that this would be followed up with the MP for Keighley, in his capacity as Chair of the appropriate committee in relation to rural deprivation due to lack of connectivity. And that Craig Whittaker (MP)’s previous letter be included in the correspondence.
72 LOCAL PLANS:
- Local Plan
It was reported that local consultation would be carried out at the end of September into October.
- Neighborhood Plan
It was reported that the appointed consultant had resigned and that the group were continuing with the plan to submit the draft report by the end of September with the referendum taking place in the new year.
73 CLERK’S REPORT
All items included under existing agenda items.
74 FINANCIAL MATTERS
1) Items for payment:
a) Salaries/PAYE £516.10
b) Allowance and reimbursement:
– computer allowance £20.00
– home working allowance Apr/May/Jun £17.33
– Zoom £11.99
– Ream of paper £4.99
– Stamps £7.32
– travel – noticeboards £2.70
- Centara Bureau Services Ltd – site survey Old Town Green £104.40
Resolved that the above items be approved for payment.
2) Grants: None received.
3) 2019/20 Financial Yearend
It was reported that the Council was now in the period of public inspection rights which was taking place between 17.08.20 and the 29.09.20
- Local resident: Remedial works at Pecket Well Playground.
Resolved: to refer the resident to Calderdale Council, engineering section, as they carried out the works in question.
- New Applications:
a) 20/00738/LBC Replacement of stone mullions previously removed and replacement of existing windows (Listed Building Consent) – Old Town Hall Old Town Mill Lane Old Town Hebden Bridge Calderdale HX7 8SW
Resolved: that the application be supported.
- Other Planning Issues:
- It was reported that further information had been provided to the enforcement officer in relation to Hazelbrook cottage release of planning conditions.
- New build house between 36 and 44 Keighley Road at Pecket Well.
It was reported that this planning application could not be found.
- Final planning decision in relation to traffic at Old Mill Lane, Old Town.
Cllr Drury that there was no consensus along Old Town Mill Lane as to how it should be managed.
Resolved that the relevant pages of the Highways planning consultation document be emailed to Cllrs.
- Proposed changes to planning system.
Resolved that the YLCA be contacted in relation to lack of parish council consultation in relation to this issue.
- 19/00448/FUL – width of track near golf course. It was reported that the width of the track, according to the planning application, was three metres whereas the actual width was between 4.1 and 5.4 metres.
- this issue be reported to Calderdale Planning Enforcement.
- Hebden Royd Town Council be informed due to the development, potentially being on the border between the two parishes.
77 ROAD AND FOOTPATH MATTERS:
- Lumb Falls and Howarth Old Road.
A brief update was provided and it was agreed that Cllr Drury would forward any further correspondence regarding this issue.
- Un-maintained land drains reports from Cllrs.
Resolved: that the Cllrs reports, including detailed site locations and photos be sent to the clerk in order to be forwarded to Calderdale Council.
- Collapsed retaining wall at Raygate. It was reported that this wall was privately owned.
- State of benches in the Parish.
Resolved: that Cllr Drury, as the Council’s Safer Cleaner Greener representative, discuss this issue, as appropriate, at the next Safer Cleaner Greener meeting in order to ascertain ownership and responsibility for the benches and procedure for potential refurbishment and replacement works.
78 ALLOTMENTS, PARKING SPACES AND GARAGES
It was reported that the majority of plot holders had paid their 2020-21 invoices.
Resolved: that the outstanding payments be chased and that an update be provided at the next meeting.
- Old Town Green Pitch Levelling Update
It was reported that the Council was waiting for the commissioned utilities report before commencing work on the trial pits. It was further reported that a local company had offered to carry out the trial pits work for free.
Resolved: that the Council pay the company, Holroyds, a nominal contribution of £150 to carry out the works.
80 CARR HEAD SITE TREE MANAGEMENT
A discussion took place in relation to the ongoing issues at Carr Head including the current landscape scheme, previous tipping on the site and insurance.
- further information be sought in relation to the history and status of the site, including previous decisions made by the Council in relation to tipping on the site.
- a further search be carried out in relation to the 2001 Calderdale Council remedial works plans.
- Calderdale be contacted as necessary.
- the item be added to the next agenda.
81 WAINSGATE CHAPEL POTENTIIAL COMMUNITY ASSEST TRANSFER
Cllr Drury provided a brief update which included the fact that the Historic Chapels Trust, custodians of Wainsagate Chapel, were in financial difficulty and that the Friends of Wainsgate Chapel were planning to register as a charity as part of the initial stage in order to try and secure the building’s future.
- the council initiate the Community Right to Bid Nomination process.
- Cllr Drury fill in and submit the relevant paperwork.
- this be placed on the next agenda.
82 TO AGREE DATE FOR PARISH COUNCIL ASSETS SITE VISIT
- the date and time of the Council Assets visit be 10am 18th September. Meeting at Pecket Well Memorial Gardens.
- a reminder be sent to Cllrs regarding this.
83 REPORTS FROM CLLRS AND OUTSIDE MEETINGS
- Staffing Update
Resolved: to exclude the public and staff from the meeting due to the confidential nature of the business to be carried out.
A staffing update was provided.
84 DATE OF NEXT MEETING & APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE.
Parish Council 22nd September 2020
The meeting closed at 10.05 pm
Cllr Jon Kimber, Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org 01422 844914
Cllr Kate Drury, Vice Chairman email@example.com 07917 793192
Cllr David Bell firstname.lastname@example.org 07773 882247
Cllr Stuart Bradshaw – –
Cllr Alan Fowler email@example.com 01422 842828
Cllr Cherie Rivero firstname.lastname@example.org 07860 858603
Cllr Carolyne Warren email@example.com –
If you would like to speak to a Councillor whose contact details are not listed please email the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parish Council currently has two vacancies, please feel free to contact the Parish Clerk if you may be interested by emailing the Clerk at email@example.com